Sunday 6 March 2011

SEVEN ON SUNDAY - STARRING MG

Sunday is the day I read: Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. I've read up to page 101. Neil is an amazing writer: he makes the extraordinary sound ordinary.

Then I took new profile photos - not a joy!

Finally, I learned about video recording and the other side of Youtube - more details will, I'm sure, follow later. :s

These are my seven sentences for Sunday. They are taken from STARRING - MG magical realism novel:

“Of course, it’s not safe,” said Rowland. 
“As long as we know,” said Lucas. He wobbled when he shifted from crouching to sitting.
“Can you see the tin can?”
“No, but the lance and sword are down there, pointing up.”
Rowland grinned as he shrugged, “Better not jump, then.” 
Sighing, Lucas forced the warm air to move when he swung his feet, “Not tonight.”

7 comments:

  1. I love your new profile photo, Elaine! You should see all the various shots I have of myself for Blogger and Facebook. But I really only like the one.

    I love your excerpt! You have such a gift for dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, wrong identity! I'm always doing that, as a result of Come In Character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was delighted to see Marenya branching out into commenting: I feel like I know her too - just a little less well :D

    Hi Christine
    Your pictures have character, the same self-conscious look that infects most of mine.
    I really hate being photographed: the various bangs in my fringe stop talking to each other and face in opposite directions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I like Neil Gaiman's work too... and I don't like taking profile pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda
    I've only read Odd, Coraline and The Graveyard. He blends old and new and presents the bizarre as perfectly normal - very distinctive writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser. I've been trying to learn how to do a book trailer on YouTube. I got stopped when I tried to find a song. Nothing works.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy
    Thanks. It was a hard day. Although, with a production team of one, calling a tea break was easy ;)I did record it with a little Einaudi but decided against it. Next time! *grins
    I set myself the challenge of posting for World Read-a-loud Day on the 9th March.

    ReplyDelete