Monday 28 March 2011

READING: MG and YA ONE GENRE KEEPS COMING OUT ON TOP

I normally read my books in a strict rota – adult, YA, MG – but, I overlap the books I’m reading.

I had to read for hours last week to get to the end of The Pillars of Earth by Ken Follet (Genre: historical)

Last night, when I reached for my MG – Jane Blonde Sensational Spylet by Jill Marshall because it was time to read and I needed to finish it, I found I couldn’t do it. I was reading the words on the page, but my brain was somewhere 49 years 200-some days away from a brave new world. I’d reached Chapter Sixteen of Beth Revis’ Across the Universe at the point when I was supposed to be about page sixteen.

So, I am reading:

Jane Blonde Sensational Spylet by Jill Marshall - (MG – genre: action adventure)
















Across the Universe By Beth Revis  (YA– genre: SFF)











Next I will be reading:
  
Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick   (YA– genre: paranormal 
romance)



















Mortal Engines Philip Reeve   (MG – genre: SFF)




What are you reading, at the moment?

8 comments:

  1. Aside from you MS- I'm reading Chaucer, Nonfiction essays, Byron in 19th century Literature and will be reading Woman Warrior in the next few days which is also for my nonfiction class- Yikes Have a great day Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In YA I just finished the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton. I'm about to start MG, The Coming Of Dragons by A.J. Lake. I loved Hush Hush and have hard a lot of great things about Across the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Summer
    :D
    Chaucer is no easy read. Byron is epic. I hope you enjoy studying these. Woman Warrior has the kind of title that would guarantee I'd pick it up to see what it was all about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utopia by Thomas More, The Shadow Project by Herbie Brennan, Pebble in the Sky by Isaac Asimov, and I just finished rereading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lids
    I have Darkness Becomes Her on my list of TBRs. I got totally absorbed in Beth Revis' book. I'd read an excerpt and knew I would like it but I hadn't planned for the wandering the house doing chores with my book in my other hand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GE - you are a precocious reader - Utopia? ;) my Catholic school made it essential reading for the Sixth Form - the 17+ classes. No one had to make me read Asimov. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on a YA kick again, so my last two reads were Across the Universe and Paper Towns by John Green, just started The Book Thief (finally) by Marcus Zusak.
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Erica (and Christy)
    I'm really enjoying Across the Universe. The Book Thief is a one I'm planning to get to. I looked up Paper Towns, it was an interesting hook.

    ReplyDelete