Thursday 30 May 2013

THE WORST MISTAKE AN MC CAN MAKE

MAY IS HOSTED BY Hand in HandDONALD MAASS'  TWEETS ON CREATING THE PERFECT NOVEL ;)  and SECTIONS INSPIRED BY THESE:

 DONALD MASS WRITE TIP #74

What’s your MC’s worst mistake? The worst consequence? Work backwards: earlier your MC swears *never* to make this mistake.

I was thinking about the first time I saw you," Deann said. "I watched girls dance at the foot of the wall you’d climbed. They walk backwards into the road so they could keep you in view. They couldn’t take their eyes off you. I swore I’d never let myself be that dazzled – not by anyone. When I persuaded Booker to let me be the one to follow you, and to make the first approach, I said it was because no one else could be trusted around you. Even back then, when the fact that you were straddling the razor wire and the broken glass should have been uppermost in my mind, I noticed how you clung to Fyern. To keep her safe... I thought. Poor, weak and needy Fyern. Why would she put herself in that much danger to share reckless thrills with you? But, then, when you seemed to wobble. I pushed out until my power supported Fyern. She was the one who gripped you. I saved you. She helped you get your balance. I intervened... before you became one of us. That haunted me. It was a shadow on my soul. Why? I was never the kind of girl who sees Stupid and then does it. And, I’d seen many attractive boys – wrapped in dark auras and black leather – I felt nothing. For me, they were burnt out cinders...no smoulder. I said I didn’t want you, I just needed to secure your skills for The Brudd.”
Strang grinned. After all our training, his dark power found enough energy in the half-light to radiate across the space between us. “You secured me.”

WHAT WAS YOUR MCs WORST MISTAKE?

No comments:

Post a Comment