Friday 3 May 2013

Does YOUR MC turn reactive feelings into actions?


MAY IS HOSTED BY WRITING TIPS BY WRITERS, DONALD MAASS'  TWEETS ON CREATING THE PERFECT NOVEL ;)  & SECTIONS INSPIRED BY THESE:

“Write when the book sucks and it isn’t going anywhere. Just keep writing. It doesn’t suck. Your conscious is having a panic attack because it doesn’t believe your subconscious knows what it’s doing.” ~ Cory Doctorow

DONALD MAASS WRITE TIP 77

Find a point where your protagonist has reactive feelings. Turn them into a physical action.

Then he was no longer there. The dust and gravel coating the path had disguised the extent of the damage. Now, he, the stones and gravel, all rushed away as smoothly as grating mountains. I stopped. I stared at where he should be. I reached out as if I could still curl my hands into fists in his shirt. My mouth was dry. Too late. I could almost feel his arms moving around to pull me in close to his for shelter. “No!”

Does your MC tend towards extreme reactions to situations and interactions?

2 comments:

  1. Some do. Some feel like they're complete drama queens whenever the smallest thing happens. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it exciting to release your calm self and experience letting rip along with an MC. Some things need to be said - even that's only by proxy ;)

      Delete