Sunday 20 February 2011

ON THE SEVENTH DAY

I had fun reading some of the Six Sentence Sunday Blogposts; but the link won't allow any more participants and I came-over-all-Lucas: I wanted to play and it wouldn't let me.


I had to decide if I wanted Sunday to be the first day of the week and post a hook or the seventh day and post seven sentences. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling hook-rusted ;) I needed to do something a different. 


The seven sentence excerpt is from STARRING - MG SF magical realism


Palms flat, he scooped the shattered glass into a pile. Vacant, absorbed in the task, Lucas stared up when one of the Prefects tugged at his collar. Old enough to have spots sprouting among her freckles, she ghosted a smile. Lucas blushed and hurried to pick the pieces up, but she tutted and nudged him with her toe. The importance didn’t register until the pieces started to circle – the shards from his hand spinning in with the rest. Once the glass had reformed, the Prefect put it on the table behind her and carried on walking between the ten-seater benches encouraging slow-eaters to finish up and get ready for the morning class. Lucas clenched his fists and glared at the perfect shape.


Let me know if you are posting a seven sentence excerpt. I'm doing the five mile River Gade walk and dinner, but then I'll come around a-reading ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment