Well if it's Tuesday I'm thinking about music. I felt grey-like-the-sky this morning until I put this music on. This tunes are short with thinkers' lyrics that is a great combination.
Music has the power but you have to find the right level of intensity to light, but not to blow, your creative bulb.
10 REASONS TO TURN THE I-PLAYER ON AND TO LISTEN TO THE VACCINES:
1. All music increases spatial ability and concentration.
2. Music changes the way we think, reason, and create; it can relax or invigorate you.
3. Music can lower blood pressure and boost immunity. Music therapy has been found to reduce pain and even to aid cancer recovery
4. The lyrics can refer to timeless themes, the way good writing does.
5. Instruments can also express emotional nuance: anger, sorrow, joy and despair so you can use music to create emotional depth in your writing.
6. Listening to songs you love stimulates production of ‘the pleasure hormone’ dopamine – the same chemical associated with laughter, sex and good food - tasty ;).
7. If your work is based in a particular era there is nothing like immersing yourself in the music of the period or something with the right feel
8. Music reduces stress – check out the relaxation compilations, they sell for a reason
9. Classical Conditioning – pick a song and make like Pavlov’s dogs – when you hear the song your creative juices will flow
10. Even if you think silence is golden, music can train you to start and keep your brain’s Theta waves flowing towards creativity and productivity by opting for lyric-free music.
The posts at Little Drifters are a great inspiration, I really recommend them.