Saturday 28 November 2009

NaNoWriMo WINNER

NaNoWriMo - author!

Listening to Vampire Weekend
I STAND CORRECTED
You've been checking on my facts
And I admit I have been lax
In double screening what I say
It wasn't funny anyway

Good job it wasn't a few seconds earlier or I'd have to admit to listening to Jay-Z :s


Now, apart fom the editing, I have finished my second novel oI< - does this look like I fell over backwards? That was what I was aiming for.

Written for the age 8/10 - 12 Middle Grade - so bang goes my chances of getting Nathan Bransford to represent it :) (I knew there had to be a downside of writing MG - I was going to say boys - but it has wider appeal than that.)

STAYING LOST
Jon Jacob Ashton used to have family; he used to have everything. Now he has nothing between him and a very effective assassin but the hacker his father had arrested, the forger his mother saved from a beating on the Champs Elysee and the bodyguard who shot out the tyres on the family limo when she didn't get a job interview.

If they get lost... and stay lost... he might get to live.


Complete in 51,670 words

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! Sounds like a great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!! When do we get to read some?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted small sections during the process - but I would love some author-ly input. :)
    Cheers
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, exciting premise for MG! MG for boys is always sought after, agents have told me. Boys still read at that age.

    Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!
    Thanks Anne - author-ly and editor-ly input :)
    So I should stick a sticker on it reading finished and send it off ?? Maybe not - that was so last year!

    ReplyDelete