Sunday 26 December 2010

VENTING? CHRISTMAS UNDER A CRUEL MOON

This photograph was one of several taken in London, on Christmas night. On the blog, the gentle author gives a new meaning to the word venting. 

Sleeping in the street, beside The Savoy Hotel?

Not my idea of heaven.

At this time of the year, I am thankful for everything I have but more thankful for the charities, and individuals, who offer an alternative to this.




CRUEL MOON - GLASVEGAS
Slipping in,
Under all conciousness, 
Homeless is where the is heart is, 
So walk on by and I'll be fine,
This cardboard cover,
Keeps away the gales of the night,

And I know it's late and you're thinking I'm crazy,
I share the same dreams as you, yesterday,
You think this is a world away,
Beware of darkness 'cause this could be you could someday,
Under this cruel moon.

THINKING OF OTHERS AT CHRISTMAS.

2 comments:

  1. I wish there were more alternatives for the homesless... I wrote a blog on this not to long ago and it is alarming to know how many are homeless here in my country where we have so much money. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danette
    The homeless are often the young, the proud and the mentally unstable. One measure of our society: the conditions they endure are horrific. The temperature here has been sub-zero for more than a month.

    ReplyDelete