Mumford and Sons create atmosphere with their careful selection of instruments, the cadence and rhythm of the songs and the tonal quality of their voices. Their sound is a long way from accidental.
FIVE NOTES TO CREATE ATMOSPHERE:
- Choose an effective setting: nothing says isolation like a lone houses whether it is on the moorland or set back, at the end of a busy street .
- Always describe the scenery using economy of description. Use all five senses to create atmosphere.
- Earth, wind, fire or water can be used to build an atmosphere… fast.
- Time breeds expectation in the reader – describing a specific time of day can help to create atmosphere.
- Use strong or evocative language, to create a strong sense of place and atmosphere.
MUMFORD AND SONS SING ON A BALCONY AND LIVE