Anyone who's watched Inside the Actor's Studio will recognise the questionnaire. The show's host, James Lipton, asks it of every celebrity guest at the close of the interview. The questionnaire was originally created by Bernard Pivot, a French journalist, for the series he hosted on French television from 1991-2001, called Bouillon de Culture.
If you fancy joining in these are the questions:
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
- What turns you off?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
1. What is your favourite word? Porcelain - family in-joke - thanks to Moby.
2. What is your least favourite word? Moist – makes me squirm but not in a good way
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Touch. At touching distance all other senses are heightened. Call me (Thomas) kinaesthetic.
4. What turns you off? Nothing – I look for the positive in the negative
5. What is your favourite curse word? FU**PI**BOLL****SH**! – I'd need to be pushed beyond my limit, but, if I need to swear I’m not big on half measures ;)
6. What sound or noise do you love? The whispered, muted, sounds you have to strain to really hear: the first raindrops in the shower; leaves that flutter to summer’s ghost breezes; sunlight cracking old gloss paint; the murmur of the sea, at a distance.
7. What sound or noise do you hate? Anything loud, unexpected and un-organically metallic
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? CEO of a multi-national company
9. What profession would you not like to do? Nursing – I faint at the thought of needles... that’s long before the sight of them!
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Morally good is fine with me. ”
I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about others.