Sunday 2 September 2012

THE LAST WEEKEND BEFORE THE START OF SCHOOL


THIS IS PRETTY-MUCH HOW I FEEL!
IMAGE FROM WIKIMEDIA 
OH NO! THE LAST WEEKEND BEFORE THE START OF SCHOOL

In the England, this is the last weekend before the start of the new academic year. 

I know for some, my American, Scottish and Irish visitors, in particular, the holidays are already drifting from short into long term memories.

Before the countdown to timetables and deadlines began, we wanted to cling to the holiday spirit while we could. The Paralympics has made that a lot easier, every event I watched has been as inspirational as it was exciting.

While everyone was still under the same roof and before the stress of planning, prepping, marking, grading, form-filling, filing and fuming kicks in we:

·        went to the pub at ate with friends who like us and swapped the holiday stories that couldn’t make it onto FB ;)
·        met up for take-out curry in numbers so large the Met would have kettled us if our gathering was outdoors ;)
·        walked and looked for signs that the trees were ready to shift from green to gold
·        fought over who got to play at riding the micro-scooter and fought harder to avoid dipping off the front of the skateboard (what can I say… we live on a hill)
·        planned a bar-b-q dinner that turned into an indoor event because it rained–which came as a great surprise ;)

If you weren’t able to celebrate the last few days of freedom, I hope you had fun doing what you like and how you like it.

HAPPY SEPTEMBER TO YOU!

IF I HAD TO SUM UP SEPTEMBER IN THREE IMAGES I WOULD SAY IT IS THE MONTH OF FRESH PAGES, NEW STARTS AND FURNITURE POLISH.

CAN YOU SUM UP SEPTEMBER IN THREE WORDS?

6 comments:

  1. Nappies, miniatures & alarmclocks? (Compound word cheat -sorry Elaine) Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Will
      I love your September list - life, fun and the daily grind :D

      Delete
  2. I like your sum up of September and don't think I could improve on it. And the clock image is so accurate! Pretty much how I feel right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      Thank you ;) I was so pleased when I found the countdown stop watch that doesn't stop. It is exactly how I feel too.

      Delete
  3. I was happy for my kid to go back to school; but I am sorry to see the summer end. Its been so hot the a/c couldn't keep up, but we've had a week of cooler weather, some days not even needing the a/c, and it sure makes so good bar-b-que fun.

    It may be back to work for teachers, but for me end of summer means cheaper food bill, lol.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna
      I'm glad you've been enjoying the balmy end of summer but- WOW! - I can't imagine living with that much heat. It's true that when I'm going on holiday I end up packing jumpers to wear indoors ;)
      I love summer menus and fresh food but I find bar-b-q meat blows my food bills out of the water.

      Delete