There many things that make a difference to the way I work - and the number of times I have to revise my writing at the end. When writing time is limited these are the things I intend to achieve everyday:
- Drink - dehydration messes with my head
- Plan (downscaled to the section I intend to complete) - it cuts down on the amount of time I need to stop and think
- Stop working - the pain in the neck is real problem
- Set the next writing target
- Don't let writing targets drag me down
- Keep the visualisation of the scene in mind
- Learn from others
- Help someone
This is my daily evaluation list/mantra. If I've achieved every one of the things on my list it has been a very good day.
Do you set daily targets to work towards?