Friday 4 November 2011

WIN a FREE General Critique by Cornerstones Literary Consultancy

Apologies for not posting yesterday one my tectonic plates shifted: crises crunched into dilemmas, it was all very messy.
On to better news: a prize worth up to £500

I'm not a lottery player and I know it's a long shot but I couldn't resist entering this competition and hoping no one else does. ;)  

You're not going to enter it and make the odds even longer, are you? No, I didn't think so. *grins

Time is running out, there is only ONE day to get your entries in!

WIN a FREE General Critique by Cornerstones Literary Consultancy

Helen Corner, of Cornerstones Literary Consultancy, is offering a free General Report on a manuscript up to 100,000 words in length.

Her report will include:
•             pointers on how to polish the novel
•             tips on how to raise it to the next level
•             advice on the novel’s marketability

Helen Corner scouts for UK Literary Agents and her advice could get a manuscript out of the slushpile and onto a desk.

To enter online, and for more information, visit the Words with JAM website.


All you need is an opening paragraph, of not more than 100 words, that will impress Helen and make her want to read on.

Writers on the shortlist will be notified and required to submit the first page of their novel after the closing date, from which Helen will be picking a winner!

This is a great opportunity. 

I have my fingers crossed and my entry written but I don’t think I’ll be able to hold my breath until the winner is announced in December. ;)

Words with JAM have a Short Story Competition too. 

Hopefully all the fireworks this weekend are the ones up high in the sky: Bonfire Night is the signal that Christmas, and snow, will soon be upon us or just are getting near ;)

Do you have something great planned for this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I have never had one of my techtonic plates shift but I did once get kicked out of a semi-truck at 30 MPH when I refused the truckers love advances. Does that compare?

    Thanks for the contest news. Shall I enter ? Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete