Tuesday 1 December 2009

Inspiration comes from

I've been thinking about inspiration rather than Muse (for a change) .

Last week, I wrote a haiku that I loved. It is one of the fastest poems ever written. It probably took less than two minutes from reading the #haikuchallenge word to posting it.

Why did the poem leap from brain to Twitter that quickly? I blame the buzz word *before. It cut through the thought processes to the place where inspiration lives and leapt out... Athene-style... fully formed.

LIFE IS NOT A GROUND HOG DAY

Can't we go back to
the before that was our now?
This time get it right?


There was a line in a play - written for TV - I think by John Godber and Jane Thornton.

It is haunting: Can we not have before again?

It's not a long line of dialogue, as these things go, but it is one of the most important to me.

Where do you find inspiration?

1 comment:

  1. Great haiku :) & great line: Can we not have before again? - that's awesome.

    Inspiration for me comes from many places, but most often from my hopes for the world. Sappy, but true. There's something in everything I write that speaks to the hope I have that the world will one day be a much better place :)

    ReplyDelete