OH NO! THE LAST WEEKEND BEFORE THE START OF SCHOOL
In the England, this is the last weekend before the start of the new academic year.
I know for some, my American, Scottish and Irish visitors, in particular, the holidays are already drifting from short into long term memories.
Before the countdown to timetables and deadlines began, we wanted to cling to the holiday spirit while we could. The Paralympics has made that a lot easier, every event I watched has been as inspirational as it was exciting.
While everyone was still under the same roof and before the stress of planning, prepping, marking, grading, form-filling, filing and fuming kicks in we:
· went to the pub at ate with friends who like us and swapped the holiday stories that couldn’t make it onto FB ;)
· met up for take-out curry in numbers so large the Met would have kettled us if our gathering was outdoors ;)
· walked and looked for signs that the trees were ready to shift from green to gold
· fought over who got to play at riding the micro-scooter and fought harder to avoid dipping off the front of the skateboard (what can I say… we live on a hill)
· planned a bar-b-q dinner that turned into an indoor event because it rained–which came as a great surprise ;)
If you weren’t able to celebrate the last few days of freedom, I hope you had fun doing what you like and how you like it.
HAPPY SEPTEMBER TO YOU!
IF I HAD TO SUM UP SEPTEMBER IN THREE IMAGES I WOULD SAY IT IS THE MONTH OF FRESH PAGES, NEW STARTS AND FURNITURE POLISH.
CAN YOU SUM UP SEPTEMBER IN THREE WORDS?