Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along!
Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
THE FALSE PRINCE ~ Jennifer A Neilson
Civil war is brewing in the kingdom. To unify the people, Conner, a nobleman of the court devises a plan to find someone to impersonate the king's long-lost son. Once the imposter is installed as a puppet prince Conner plans to rein.
Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage.
This exciting story is full of plot twists and turns. It is all about the relationships Sage forms with the people he spends time with - a political manoeuvring - in this Game of Thrones ;)
"I'd never attempted roast thievery before, and I was already regretting it. It happens to be very difficult to hold a chunk of raw meat while running."
When I started to read this book I realised I had to shuffle one of my ideas to the back of the pack: refer to rule 4
MY 4 RULES OF WRITING:
· Any time is a good time to write
· Know your world and the conflict generated before focussing on the effect it has on an individual
· Describe things that are specific and unique
· If it is already on the bookshelves it’s the wrong thing to write
HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING RECENTLY THAT MADE YOU REALISE THIS WAS THE WRONG TIME TO BE WORKING ON A PARTICULAR MANUSCRIPT?