Today was the first day of the school term. However, it is the first since I was five years old that hasn’t involved going to a school or college. That is only a short span if you think of time as a string and make the two ends meet leaving a deep loop, nearly long enough for skipping over, in the middle.
To celebrate this eventful day I:
- lounged in the garden and fed the birds.
- put a few washes on the slow way (forgot to check when they were finished)
- prepared a chicken dish with potatoes, spinach, and a tomato and chilli style sauce, and put it on to cook, slowly, in the oven.
- Did a little research
- Took a slow meander around what is left of Berkhamstead castle
- celebrated the novel idea that you can write a novel in a month by getting four thousand words of a M&B style book crafted (well I read the submission guidelines before I began)
Do you think, if I work out how to not edit while I’m writing, I could get it complete in twenty days?