Monday 20 July 2009

Back to writing philosophically

Poetry up-date

I got so caught up in the hectic whirl of termly - yearly - endings that I've been philosophically quiet.
This morning I caught up on a couple just to remind myself that I do that thing.
Shame about the holiday interrupting normal schedule - I'm going to try to keep with the daily writing programme again.
I normally include the iQuote with the haikus but the ones below stand alone anyway:


iQuote"It's amazing what a little courage in the right place at the right time can accomplish." -- John Scherer

IF IT MUST BE DONE
To weigh the odds and
know the consequences,
yet still act - is brave.


iQuote“When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” -- Helen Keller

MORE A STONE AND LESS AN ISLAND
Actions cause ripples
affecting first us; they lap,
exponentially


ACCEPTANCE AND ACTION MIGHT BUT ...
When did work or truth
or selfish-absolution
ever set you free?

THERE IS NOTHING LESS SWEET THAN HUMAN TOUCH
We're only human,
sometimes almost human, in -
humanely human.

FEED THE SPIRIT
Reality gnaws!
Real-life carves chunks of living
- fantasy seasons!

NOT BASE BUT BASIC NOT RIPS BUT RIPPLES
Joy grows from self-worth,
needs unity and balance,
circles not furrows.

EVIL, CLOAKED IN BEAUTY, IN PLAIN SIGHT
Dark thoughts and actions
are not hid by darker shrouds
they glitter in light .

2 comments:

  1. ooooh I love these philsophical haiku ♥

    They certainly make me think about things. I also love that I found them when I am in a philsophical mood - how opportune :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I second Wave's sentiments... I love philosophical haiku - perfect discoveries on a thoughtful Thursday! I especially like "IF IT MUST BE DONE" - I can only hope that I can rise to that challenge someday.

    ReplyDelete