Tuesday 12 March 2013

PLOT IS PEOPLE - MARY, MORGAN AND THE TALL MEN




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. 

Anyone can play along:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title and the author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


“Plot is people.” ~ Leigh Brackett.


SNAKE ROPES by Jess Richards

This novel is set on an island that’s off the edge of the map and outside history, an isolated and insular society that’s troubled from within and beyond.

“I tear through to the bedroom, look under hims small bed, under my bed, rumple up the bedclothes in case him is hiding. In Da’s room, I rummage through the wardrobe where Mam’s clothes still hang, but there’s no Barney.”


WOULD YOU FIND THE INVENTED DIALECT A BARRIER TO READING?

4 comments:

  1. I think the dialect would further pull me into the narrator's world.

    Wonder who Barney is. Good tease! =)
    My TT from Beautiful Creatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy
      Jess Richards wrote so well her use of dialect was not a barrier to becoming immersed in her world.

      Delete
  2. Who's Barney? Nice teaser... Hope you enjoy the book. Here's my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barney I imagined exactly the way your little-bean looks.

      Delete