Tuesday 13 November 2012

6 REASONS WHY SACRIFICE EQUALS EMOTIONAL DEPTH

SACRIFICES HAVE RIPPLES TOO
Image from Wikimedia Commons
Thank you.

Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness. - Napoleon Hill

SACRIFICE IS NECESSARY:
It resounds through the emotional impact of every story yet even the smallest sacrifice is difficult.

SACRIFICE IS DEVELOPMENTAL:
If you ask the character to give up something that’s securely theirs then they must, by definition, within the act, develop or grow.

SACRIFICE IS AN OPTION:
Sacrifice must involve a choice: sliding into the jaws of adversity doesn’t count; jumping into it to save another does.

SACRIFICE IS A STRUGGLE:
When there are choices to be made, sacrifice is usually one of the options;  the imperfect struggle that might bring a character to turn away from safety, comfort and self-preservation is the most human one of all.

SACRIFICE MUST BE AN ACTIVE DECISION:
Even if the end result is the same, to act impulsively and without recognition of the consequences is an imperfect sacrifice.

SACRIFICE IS A GIFT:
Sacrifice is a gift... but one you don’t expect to be around to share.

Hi *waves just incase everyone has forgotten allll about me ;)

I’ve been absent from my blog and the world continued turning – that’s like shocking ;) My family responsibilities have been responsibly embraced, and now I am back in my familiar routine ;)

While I've been anti-shirking, I hope you've been having fun... and have been both happy and productive.

DID YOU DECIDE TO TAKE PART IN NANOWRIMO THIS YEAR?

I have been but I'm FOUR DAYS behind with the word count. 

When I was catching up, this weekend, I discovered I get a lot more written when I have long blocks of time for writing. This is a shame, as it’s completely the opposite of my normal snatch and grab routines. Oops.

HOW DO YOU WRITE BEST?

2 comments:

  1. Sacrifice...such a powerful thing.

    I tend to write best when I have a long stretch to dedicate to elements built up in my noggin. Great chance to poor it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela
      I totally agree with you about sacrifice - I love to make a big issue of someone not making a small sacrifice to foreshadow the main sacrifice.
      It makes such a difference when you can devote a longer block of time to writing.

      Delete